About Me

The title is self explanatory :p

Thursday, 12 April 2012

The Misadventures Down Under: Accident!

I can't believe I am still alive and sitting here...

I ran out to get some herbs and on the way back, I was somehow for some unknown reason not paying attention to the traffic lights and... A motorbike ran into me. I did a 360 and landed on the curb. Which was lucky... Because I got up with a scratch on my left arm and a terrible swollen bruise on my right calf from the impact.

I could actually still get up...

I can't believe I walked home alive from there... Calculating all the odds that it could have been worse, much worse, it could have been a car, I would have been in the hospital , or dead (touch wood) by then. But there I was listening to the kind motorist lecturing me on how to cross the road. Not that I had the attention span to listen, too shocked to absorb anything that was going on...

A very good lesson on road safety. Have to be more careful next time...

1 comment: