So I forced myself to beat the cold and decided to go across the Yarra River to revisit the memorial shrine which last time when I went there was at night. So this is the Yarra...
This is Southbank, the other side of the river where the casino is, and apparently night life there is pretty hot (So I heard from a random bloke while waiting for the tram one Saturday night... He asked me how old I was and when I said 19 he asked me Y u no party?!)
Had to walk up from the riverbank to the main road. Should I take the stairs or elevator? :)There were a number of parks near the shrine, so there was a lot of greenery around. Good for the eyes :)
You can go sightseeing around the city on one of these... Horse carriages? Horse carts? Horse... Whatever... Erm yes... I think I've seen the jockey before... And remembered his looks for a very good reason ;)
It's a clock. 10 minutes past 3 :)
This was a monument built to commemorate members of the police force who sacrificed their life on duty.And this was a monument built to honor... O.K. Sorry didn't really get my facts right...
Random shot...Previously during my visit it was night time, so couldn't get many clear shots of the shrine. But now, from a distance...

This is the Eternal Flame, symbolizing eternal life, which they say is kept burning at all times and all weather conditions. Wonder what happens when it rains though... :/
The back door...
The shrine was open so I could go in and have a look...
There is a marble stone sunken below with GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN inscribed on it. And it is aligned in a way that on 11 a.m. every 11th of November, the sun's rays will shine through the roof, creating a ray of light which falls on the word LOVE... So they said...The shrine is surrounded by greenery...
Hey look a dandelion! :D
邱敏雁你最喜欢的草地……
The area outside the Visitor Centre.
40m long Gallery of Medals. Each one represents a hundred people who have served in military and peacekeeping operations, and 6 who have lost their lives...
The sun was just setting and it cast its rays one one side of the shrine. Awesome lighting effect ^^Then on the way home, passed through one of the parks and...
Just a pole-dancing statue being awesome?
O.K. Maybe not... But the pose is still awesome...The parks would be a good place to hit. Will go there some other time... :)





















noted =..=
ReplyDeleten the name of pose-dancing statue is kevin?
Dunno, but I think it's Kevin pretending to be a statue hahaha...
ReplyDelete