During the medal presentation ceremony...
When he tweeted: I'm sorry
It was heartbreaking... I cried.
He did us proud no matter what. He was recovering from surgery, yet battled it out right to the finals and got this close to beating long-time rival Lin Dan. Once again we have witnessed such a close game which kept us all on the edge of our seats (I almost tore the sofa up...) and gave us so much hypertension tachycardia palpitations etc etc etc...
We're proud of you Lee Chong Wei! :)
And yet, there are some people who worry more about the public holiday and the free ice-cream, passing around rude remarks about not being able to get them.
Now I know why obesity is increasing in Malaysia... Thanks to shallow-minded idiots who care more about holidays and ice-cream than all that hell Lee Chong Wei has gone through to give such a good damn fight.
Who are you to pass these comments?
On the other end, there are people who are really "supportive" of our Datuk. Lin Dan had his little victory party after the game, which I think is pretty normal? Yet he was also unable to escape bad remarks by this group of people. I wonder why...
You win, you feel happy, you express it. That's normal isn't it? Sure, we all know Lin Dan and his victory parties, starting with him pulling off his shirt and flinging it out to the spectators, the salute to PRC, and an occasional few struts. Sometimes some people just find it a little too far-fetched and overreacted. But hey, it's the Olympics. You were in the fight which gave you one damned hell of a time, you have just bagged gold, you brought glory to your country, who wouldn't be happy?
You also criticize him of his sportsmanship. OK. We all know Lin Dan is a little cocky but he does have a right to be cocky. We can’t deny that he is a very talented player; we can’t deny that he has played a good game, he bagged gold and most of all we can’t deny that we enjoyed the game. Can't you just let him be instead of calling him all sorts of I-don't-know-if-you-are-even-allowed-to-say-that names? Although you might not have enjoyed his victory party, why the derogatory terms in the comments? Can they do anything to change the results? (Oh DUUUDDEEEE I'd curse every single cuss word which exists when I get bad grades if this was possible...) It just counters your statement and depicts us Malaysians as a bunch of sore losers. So why make such a big fuss? No wonder you're a sports watcher, not a sportsman, thank goodness too. I don't know how many athletes you're gonna murder every bloody time you lose to someone... I mean, turn this situation around. How would YOU feel if the PRC people did the same to Datuk? =.=
And anyway, I personally think Lin Dan is good-looking, and he'd be even hotter if he shaved. So stop calling him yongsui. No I do not side him.
Anyway finally once again, we love you Lee Chong Wei! You're a legend! We salute you!
Aww... ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment