Yesterday morning we had our physiology practical where we had to dissect mice to have a "clear look and understanding of the urogenitary system"... When we went into the lab everyone was so calm... Like the calm before a storm. There on the table were "freshly gassed" mice lying on dissecting boards on the table.
Snowy white balls of fur... They looked so peaceful... Like they were sleeping... :'(
Oh and I apologise for this highly un-graphic post because the first thing we saw when we went into the lab was "NO CAMERAS PLEASE" written on the board... Uhm... Well... Not that there were many mesmerizing breathtaking scenes to be taken anyway...
After a very very very brief explaination by our lecturer we started by obtaining cells from the birth canal of the female mice. Which in a less romantic and scientific way means probing the !@#$% of the female mice with a toothpick covered with tissue paper...
I'm sorry I'm so sorry mousey I'm really sorry you know I really am sorry... T____________________________________________________________________________T
Yeah that was basically what I was mumbling throughout while swabbing and doing the dissection...
It wasn't that bad I guess... Blood didn't spurt here there everywhere as expected... Or rather imagined... Still feeling guilty... :(
We then had to observe and draw the urogenitary system of both the female and male mice, and also from the sample slides of testis, ovary and placenta. Well, for our mouse what my partner and I were looking at we couldn't really make head or tail out of it... Literally... Other groups had a really neat nice... Uh... Neat dissection whereas our mouse seemed to have made a rojak out of its insides... And it's a little hard I guess to draw organs just by looking at them... Well, I find it hard...
Oh well let's just say we managed to crap out a diagram of the system anyway
Expectation:
Reality:
My placenta drawing looks too artistic to belong in a lab... =_________________________=
Oh well...
Halfway through our lecturer said: "Make sure you come over here and have a look at the mouse sperm." Oh OK. Looks through microscope... Sees mosquito larvae like things squirming here and there, some were lying there not moving, one of them had its tail bent at an awkward angle (ekor patah?)
At the end of the prac we cleaned up (whole place smells of chicken...) and took our diagrams up to the two demonstrators who guided us throughout this prac. Woh one of them looks like So Ji Sub kekeke... He checked my diagram...
D: This is good, you sure you didn't get this diagram from any prac manual...?
M: *Cocks eyebrows and act innocent* "Nooo..."
D: *Flips to back where my testis, ovary and placenta diagrams were... (Sounds like I have a testis =_=)* Yup this is good too. Wait... Did you see sperm in the testis???
M: *OH SHIT I COPIED THIS...* I... Thought I saw a tail... *Puppy dog face*
D: But they've been dead for so long!
M: *So sperm lose their tails when they die... Hmm... I'll be more careful from now on...* Hmm...
D: OK Wait let me check... *whispers to demonstrator beside* Yep, OK. I'll just tick you off the attendance list...
Phew...
After that, we had dispensing test, which basically is dispensing drugs found in a real pharmacy to imaginary patients with imaginary illnesses and prescriptions. Usually we would just skim through the exercises and everything was good, it is quite straightforward after all. But today it felt different. It felt like... One wrong word, one wrong label, one wrong drug, one wrong instruction you would get someone killed... Well, at least some of your marks, and a little part of your heart dies with it... So while it usually takes me less than a minute to type a perfectly fine label, today it took me at least 20 minutes...
A little part of me died during the prac...
And today I have completed 2 sets of PYQs as revision for the test on Thursday while spamming K-Pop hits on my phone. Sorry lappy, I love you... But life has been more productive without you... :X
Finals coming soon, which means December draws near. The thought that I will be going home soon just makes me so happy that my hair all falls off and I constipate for 3 days. Sigh... :)




No comments:
Post a Comment